RE: What tools to use: Single Sourcing: Robohelp vs. FrameMaker

Subject: RE: What tools to use: Single Sourcing: Robohelp vs. FrameMaker
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:29:09 -0400

If you want to single-source, consider FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher Pro
or FrameMaker and Mif2Go.

I'm not sure Word is robust enough to do the job. RoboHelp claims to be able
to single-source, and RH used to use Word but does not anymore, I think. I
have not had positive experiences with RH and single-sourcing in the past,
but my experience is probably out-of-date now.

RoboHelp cannot be the ideal tool for printed material. It cannot . . ..

You'll have trouble finding info on RoboHelp versus FrameMaker because these
are two very different tools, one is online help authoring software and the
other a desktop publishing package.

Have you considered the joining the HATT list as well as looking on

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/