RE: Don't you love farce?

Subject: RE: Don't you love farce?
From: Ellen Vanrenen <ellen -dot- vanrenen -at- clear-technology -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:11:35 -0600

Okay, so I left out all the information required to understand my email:

I, it must be noted, do not know how to produce a good graphic (screenshot,
though Snagit does its best without my assistance). I have listened to this
list very carefully since I subscribed. Anyhow, knowing next to nothing
about the subjects of dpi, resolution, and so forth, I created a
configuration training guide in FrameMaker and sent it to Kinko's to print.

The people at the Kinko's here had no idea what Frame is. They have a
proprietary format housed in software they requested I use to convert my doc
to their version of a PDF. They then print from that file.

My guide turned out blurry, and the screenshots had no uniform size or
degree of clarity.

My goal is twofold:

to learn how to capture screenshots more professionally.
to learn more about how to create a good PDF (my colleage created one that
is outstanding).