RE: PDF Not Downloading for Some Users?

Subject: RE: PDF Not Downloading for Some Users?
From: "Gordon Graham" <gordon -at- gordonandgordon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:05:35 -0400

OK, the mystery of the disappearing PDF seems to be solved on my end.

Tonight I downloaded Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.50. When I tried to open
a PDF, I saw the dreaded little graphic icon in the upper left-hand corner
with an empty screen and no error message.

Then I downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat 5.5 (AGAIN) and this time
peace has been restored to the valley.
Now I can open PDFs again.

I think the idea that when you reinstall Internet Explorer, it somehow
"loses" or "blows away" the settings for Acrobat sounds likely. So the fix
must be to re-install Explorer and THEN Acrobat. I'm not sure this is a
great thing to recommend to all your users, though. Maybe they should just
use Netscape ;-)

GG

Gordon Graham, partner
Gordon & Gordon