List Numbering Problem

Subject: List Numbering Problem
From: "Sujata Bhattacharya" <sbhattacharya -at- ggn -dot- aithent -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:40:49 +0530

Hello All,

Please help me with a solution to the Problem Stated below:

Requirement:

I have a manual with chapters numbered as Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and so on. I
would like to have numbered heads like 1, 2,3 and so on under Chapter 1. But
this should not affect the numbering in Chapter 2 i.e., Chapter 2 can again
have numbered headings in form of 1, 2, 3 and so on?
The numbered headings of one Chapter should be irrespective of another
Chapter.

Problem Statement:

Numbered Headings seem to be continuous from one chapter to another i.e. if
Chapter 1 ends at 4, the next Chapter begins at 5 rather than 1.

How can I break this continuity and achieve the Requirement as stated above?

I am looking forward to your help on the above.

Thanks and Regards,
Sujata Bhattacharya

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe.
Attend the entire event, select a single day, or sign up for
a Saturday postconference workshop. http://ieeepcs.org/2001