RE: MS Word: Right aligning heading text in a numbered heading style

Subject: RE: MS Word: Right aligning heading text in a numbered heading style
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:30:50 +1000

I might be a bit off here, but what the heck.

Set the heading style to have right alignment (Format > Paragraph >
Alignment). Set the numbering to have a tab of size whatever. Do not set any
tabs for the style. Does this work as expected?

Now - some background info - the 'tab' that comes with the number is its own
beastie - but is beholden to tab settings - and they often confuse it. So
yes, the behaviour was correct when it ignored the tab you set for the STYLE
and overrode it with the tab from the LIST. Lists override styles on indents
and tabs.

Steve Hudson
Principal Technical Writer
Wright Technologies (Aus)
steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au
(612) 9518-1822
The best way to predict the future... is to create it!