Re: Secretary proofing manuals?

Subject: Re: Secretary proofing manuals?
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:23:37 -0500

Judging by the typographical errors that creep in to written information of all kinds, having someone else read through the material seems like a very good idea to me. For example, look at the number of errors made by tech writers on this list!

I would be more concerned about an attitude that administrative assistants or others on staff are "not worthy" of reading the materials we produce critically to find problems of any sort in the documents.

While we always seek to gain respect from others as professionals, a truly professional attitude should include a desire to make every document as good as we possibly can. Additional eyes scrutinizing the documents surely cannot hurt.

David

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001