RE: Titles of forms for cross-references

Subject: RE: Titles of forms for cross-references
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:57:57 +1100

Yo Bear. I would go with the latter. This eg explains why:

<Ital>ADA43 - Universal Module </Ital>installation
sheet (P/N 300300).

<Ital>ADA44 - Universal Module </Ital>quick reference manual
sheet (P/N 300301).

are both different - part of the same product family sure. Thus the only
difference - the 'doco type' - needs to be included as well IMHO.

To take this one step further, most of my document titles are of the form
Product Edition Assembly Document_Type and I store Product, Edition,
Assembly and Doc_Type info separately as well - its usually fully redundant
for development materials but what the hey.

Steve Hudson
Principal Technical Writer
HDK List MVP
Wright Technologies (Aus)
steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au
The best way to predict the future... is to create it!