Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
To: <archive -at- raycomm -dot- com>

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

* ANNOUNCE: Camtasia lets you be everywhere at once!
* SERIOUSLY: Have You Thanked TECHWR-L Sponsors Lately?
* ANNOUNCE: Online-Learning.com -- Courses for Professional Development
* ANNOUNCE: Featured Screen Capture/Screen Recording Software
* ANNOUNCE: Welcome Hyperionics as a New TECHWR-L Annual Sponsor
* ANNOUNCE: INDEXING SKILLS WORKSHOPS FOR TECHNICAL COMMUNICATORS

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

ANNOUNCE: Camtasia lets you be everywhere at once!

Even if your staff can't be everywhere at once, Camtasia can. Train by
recording your screen, narrating your video, annotating and sharing
worldwide. Utilize Pack and Show, which makes your movies easily
accessible to your viewers - it converts Camtasia movies into an
executable file so users can easily install the TechSmith codec to view
the movie at the same high resolution you saw when recording the video.
No special software required!

www.techsmith.com/twr <http://www.techsmith.com/twr>

7/1/01-12/31/01

SERIOUSLY: Have You Thanked TECHWR-L Sponsors Lately?

If you haven't taken time lately to drop a
quick email message to TECHWR-L sponsors, you
should. Without the support of TECHWR-L sponsors
and advertisers, TECHWR-L would not be able to
provide this wide range of original content and
valuable services to the technical communication
community.

Take five minutes--or less, if you hurry--
to visit a TECHWR-L sponsor and drop them
a quick email thanking them for helping make
to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com when you do.

Gold Sponsors:
http://www.online-learning.com Online-Learning.com
http://www.techsmith.com TechSmith

Silver Sponsors:
http://www.anitian.com Anitian
http://www.knowledgebase.net KnowledgeBase.net

Bronze Sponsor:
http://www.hyperionics.com Hyperionics

If you know of other companies or organizations
who might be interested in supporting the technical
communication community through TECHWR-L sponsorship,
point them to
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/sponsorships.html

10/28/01-11/04/01

ANNOUNCE: Online-Learning.com -- Courses for Professional Development

We offer courses in Technical Writing, XML Authoring,
XSL Techniques, Usability, and Information Design.

What differentiates our learning experience from the competition?
1. All of our courses are instructor-supported and interactive.
2. We incorporate many elements into your learning
experience^Åfrom live online discussions, to message boards,
to e-mail, etc^Å
3. Our instructors are the first rate; giving full attention to
all student needs.
4. All courses are University certified.
5. We allow you the freedom to work at your own pace.

For further information, please visit:
http://www.online-learning.com/php_bin/ht.php?a=onlinelearning&b=Techwr-l
or contact info -at- online-learning -dot- com
(please put techwr-l in the subject line).

10/24/01-10/31/01

ANNOUNCE: Featured Screen Capture/Screen Recording Software

We at Hyperionics (http://www.Hyperionics.com/) are proud to be
the newest sponsor of TECHWR-L. Hyperionics makes the screen-capture
standards HyperSnap-DX and HyperCam.

HyperSnap-DX is, we believe, the most powerful screen capture
utility available today. We capture screens of virtually any type,
including DirectX/3d, Voodoo, Glide, and even most DVD players!
We offer complete customization of both the interface (customizable
toolbars for example) as well as the controls (hotkeys can all be
defined). And HyperSnap-DX has a complete Voice Drive Interface for
hands-free operation! Our new v4.2 release has received the "Designed
for Windows XP" certification from Microsoft (the certification also
included Windows 95, 98, 2000 and NT) and introduces our new Extended
Active Capture technology for Windows XP users.

HyperCam is an easy to use screen recorder that can capture mouse
movement, sounds and screen activity into an AVI file you can embed
into your documents or deliver via the web. You can even put
notations on the recording, excellent for not just telling but
showing users how something works.

Please visit our site at http://www.Hyperionics.com/ and try out
HyperSnap-DX and/or HyperCam, we know you won't be disappointed.

10/21/01-10/29/01

ANNOUNCE: Welcome Hyperionics as a New TECHWR-L Annual Sponsor

Join us in welcoming Hyperionics as a new Bronze-level

Hyperionics is the maker of the popular HyperSnap-DX and HyperCam screen
capture products. Just-released HyperSnap-DX v4.2 adds an Extended
Window Capture function to the highly-capable screen capture and image
editing tool for Microsoft Windows. For use with Windows XP, the
Extended Window Capture function resizes a window to be much bigger than
the screen before the capture--in one quick step, no auto-scrolling!

Recently-released HyperCam v1.61.02 captures the action from your
Windows screen, saves it to AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved) movie file
format, and supports text annotations, sound, and screen notes (great
for creating automated software demos and software training!).

Hyperionics joins the growing list of TECHWR-L annual sponsors,
including

OnlineLearning.com
TechSmith
Anitian
KnowledgeBase.net

These sponsors, along with TECHWR-L monthly sponsors and advertisers,
provide key support that helps make TECHWR-L and all of its services
available at no cost. For more information about TECHWR-L sponsorships,
please visit the Sponsorships page.

Welcome--and thanks to--Hyperionics as a key TECHWR-L sponsor!

10/21/01-10/29/01

ANNOUNCE: Upcoming INDEXING SKILLS WORKSHOPS FOR TECHNICAL COMMUNICATORS
presented by Lori Lathrop

Seattle workshop: November 16, 2001
Location: Doubletree - Bellevue
Times 8 AM to 4:30 PM

"An index is as important to your documentation as your documentation is
the product." (Lori Lathrop)

The one-day workshop is for writers and editors who need to create usable
indexes for either printed or online documents. Writers will learn to
apply
several productivity tips and techniques in indexing technical
documentation.

To request a brochure, contact LoriLathrop -at- compuserve -dot- com or call
704-531-0021. You may also download a brochure as a PDF file from the
IndexingSkills Web site (http://www.indexingskills.com).

INSTRUCTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
Lori Lathrop is a Past President of the American Society of Indexers (ASI)
and a Senior Member of the Society for Technical Communication (STC). The
second edition of her book, An Indexer's Guide to the Internet, was
published by Information Today Inc. in 1999, and she is currently writing
Indexing Skills for Technical Communicators, which is based on her
workshops.

10/5/01-11/06/01

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 4900 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, is now available and can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 4900+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.