ADMIN: Rumors and issues

Subject: ADMIN: Rumors and issues
From: TECHWR-L Administrators <admin -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 05:36:42 -0700 (MST)

Gang,
First, TECHWR-L/Raycomm/Deb and Eric do not
ever, under any circumstances, distribute
email addresses from TECHWR-L. As many
subscribers know, we have particularly
low tolerance for spam of any sort, and
certainly would not compromise the trust
of the TECHWR-L community to make a quick
buck by selling/marketing email addresses.

It's not possible for anyone to get the list
of subscribers to TECHWR-L.

That said, Andrew's point was correct about
the fact that there is a Usenet gateway
to bit.listserv.techwr-l, and it would be
possible, if you have posted to the list,
for spammers to cull your email address from
there. Similarly, it would be possible for
spammers to cull email addresses from the
likely either of those events would be.)

With that in mind, before you start pointing fingers,
please be quite sure that there are no other
possible places from which you could have gotten
onto spammers lists--I've never seen a case in
which a non-posting subscriber
received any spam that originated from TECHWR-L.

If you do receive spam that you think might
be related to your activity on TECHWR-L
(e.g., solicitations from contract agencies,
etc.), please do let me know offline at
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- We do not tolerate that, and
will take any steps necessary to stop it.

As far as the other rumor--discontinuing
the Usenet mirror--I'm not aware of any validity
to that. As far as I know, the mirror is working
and will continue to work. If there are issues
with the mirror, we are in a position to fix it
if need be. Contact me offline with questions/
concerns/issues. If your mail/news reader supports
it, however, I'd suggest that
news://lists.raycomm.com/techwr-l would
be a better choice--no spam, and certainly more
reliable and up-to-date than most Usenet
sites.

Contact me offline with questions/issues--
please don't continue these discussions on
list. Thanks.

Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/
Eric -- Listowner Deborah -- Webmaster/Editor