What software should I use to catalog photos?

Subject: What software should I use to catalog photos?
From: "Peter Shea (USF)" <pshea2 -at- luna -dot- cas -dot- usf -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:39:58 -0500 (EST)

My department has a great many photos taken over the years that were
stored in boxes. They need to be scanned and cataloged so they can be
accessed by keywords.

Can anyone suggest software for this? What about Extensis?

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr