Re: RoboHelp HTML question

Subject: Re: RoboHelp HTML question
From: Martin Waxman <martin -at- waxman -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:46:49 -0500

I don't know how you're coding it, but I think you need either <pre>xxx</pre> tags
or you need to use non-breaking spaces. I.E., &nbsp;

Marty Waxman

At 12:20 PM 11/14/01 -0800, you wrote:

I have created a large RoboHelp HTML file. On several pages, I have a
one-cell table showing a sample code. I want the code to look like this:

LSRESULT UpdateMID(
/*IN*/ const CUpdateMIDRequest& request,
/*OUT*/ CUpdateMIDResponse& response
);

Instead, it looks like this:

LSRESULT UpdateMID(
/*IN*/ const CUpdateMIDRequest& request,
/*OUT*/ CUpdateMIDResponse& response
);

I have tried putting in extra spaces and looking at the code and counting
spaces, but the misalignment continues to occur. I save my work, and it goes
back to the way it was. When I open the file the next day, the lines will be
misaligned again. Any other suggestions?

Diane Evans
Information Developer
Lockstream, Inc.
425-709-6840 x 230

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr