Re: The skeletons in the web-site closet

Subject: Re: The skeletons in the web-site closet
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:51:25 +0200

> So, um, what do you folks feel about having faces of
> employees decoratively slapped all over a company
> web site, when about half of the faces belong to people
> who have since been laid off?

I think that if these people are sufficiently bitter, they
could sue the company. They didn't sign release forms as
models, assigning the company rights to the photos, did they?
I'd say that by posting the pictures of these workers, the
company is misrepresenting itself to members of the public
who recognize them, know their professional reputations, and
assume that their expertise is among the company's assets.

Mark L. (not for Lawyer) Levinson
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il