Federal Law for Private Information Redux

Subject: Federal Law for Private Information Redux
From: "Paula Puffer" <papuffer -at- psquareddoc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:58:26 -0600

First of all, I want to thank everyone who helped me with my question about
the federal law for private information. I knew ya'll would be the people to
ask.

The majority stated that the site in question refers to a law that prohibits
web sites from collecting information about kids under the age of 13. One
person thought it might be an attempt to gather information to market health
insurance and another thought it might be for something related to
Patient-identifiable medical information.

Thanks to Richard Smith for supplying me with the following URL:
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1999/9910/childfinal.htm which outlines the specifics
of the law.

The good news is that I found out through talking with the organization's
webmaster that we are in compliance -- A very good thing for a small,
national non-profit. YEAH!!!!!!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled Monday,

Paula Puffer
papuffer -at- psquareddoc -dot- com