Writing a cohesive document for print and on-line using MS Publisher

Subject: Writing a cohesive document for print and on-line using MS Publisher
From: anonymous
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:00:04 -0500

Good evening,

I'm still putting together a 50 plus page annual Cancer report that will be
used for both hard copy print and an on-line PDF on the Intranet. I have 11
different authors so far. Some have used Word '97, others 2000, some Excel
'97, others 2000. One sent a Word Perfect file. I'm still waiting for three
more files. Need I say more?

My problem is all the different fonts these independent authors used. My
quest is to try to get them all from Word "whatever" into a cohesive
Publisher format without losing my mind. Some have used straight body text
with Times New Roman with Garamond or Garamond bold headers. Others have
used Garamond body text with Times New Roman headers. Another sent a file
with all Arial in both body text and headers. Several put headers within a
one column, one row table. Doesn't copy well into Publisher as an entity.
Quite a mess indeed.

Where the report is going to be a PDF and a printed document I would
appreciate any input as to which fonts would work well in either formats in
ONE document. The deadline is in a week and I'm currently leaning towards
Verdana or Arial. I'd also like to make this into a template so it will be
easier next year for whomever creates the report. It could be me, but who
knows?

Thanking you in advance,