RE: SDK documentation

Subject: RE: SDK documentation
From: Suzi Magill <SMagill -at- adaytum -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:03:56 -0600

Thanks for this. I am in the process of joining the API/SDK group on Yahoo.
As for the Gordon and Gordon book, I have mixed reviews about it:

1. I paid $80 for a bound PowerPoint demonstration. (It also took 2 weeks to
get here and there was no way to specify overnight or next day shipping-
something I would have gladly paid extra for given the urgency of my
project...)
2. The info in the book was helpful to a degree, but I dont think it lived
up to its hype.
3. While nothing beats an actual seminar, this certainly could have been
made more useful by Gordon and Gordon. Maybe Im too demanding, but a sample
SDK doc set would be helpful, or a template of some sort?

I would not recommond paying the $80 unless they beef it up with more
information than just slides. Some of which should have been omitted because
they were meant for the seminar.

BUT, since there is minimal documentation available on SDKs, I had to take
what I could get. I have a feeling that the actual seminar was very
informative and valuable, unfortunately, my company was less than thrilled
about the expense right now.

Anyway, thank you for your pointers Lydia!