RE: STYLE: Is Firmware always Firmware?

Subject: RE: STYLE: Is Firmware always Firmware?
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:31:36 -0500

Jonathan,

We always make the distinction between:

- Firmware version such'n'such (that's currently
living on your system, Mr./Ms. Customer)

versus

- Firmware Update version thus-and-so (that's
currently in the form of a file, waiting to
be installed (to replace Firmware such'n'such)).

Once it's installed, it becomes the new Firmware version...
We *might* on occasion refer to the "Firmware Update software"
when telling people to download the latest file for their
system. But the code that's living on their system is
always just "the Firmware" or "Firmware version x.y.z".

So, your problem doesn't exist.

Whew! Aren't you glad you had an imaginary problem?

(Or... is that an UnReal problem? It's been decades since
I studied any math...)

/kevin

[snip]