RE: Subject: image conversion tools

Subject: RE: Subject: image conversion tools
From: Paul Newbold <paul -dot- newbold -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:44:04 -0000

I use Macromedia Fireworks 4 to convert image formats/manipulate image size
and compression - it has and interactive editor so that I can see straight
away what the image qulaity will be in the proposed new format (great for
getting jpegs as small as possible while retaining maximum quality). It can
also batch process directories full of images e.g. if you have a load of
tiffs and want to convert them into gifs 400 pixels wide for web display, or
generate a load of 30x30 pixel thumbnails from them, then all this is
achievable with a few mouse clicks and Fireworks does the donkey work for
you. Fireworks is web orented but is also a powerful image editor in its own
right. Paintshop Pro is also great value i.e. a lot cheaper than Fireworks
and I use it a lot, but its not as powerful.

Hope this helps.

Paul Newbold

ps could you not email the entire digest to the list next time!