RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:40:22 -0600

Oddly enough, last night the TV news magazine, 20/20 (I think), had a
segment about the ridiculous warnings and cautions in product documentation
and packaging (such as warnings against sticking birthday candles in any of
your body cavities, cautions that Duraflame logs are flammable, warnings
that dremmels should not be used to perform dental or surgical work, etc.)

Basically, the people they talked to said that they never read Warnings and
Cautions because they are so overdone and, quite frankly, ridiculous.

I ended up watching the show because of the eerie timing with this thread.
Coincidence? I don't think so. Now, excuse me while I go remove all of the
stupid warnings from my docs and call my psychic phone friend...

Jason