RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Nora Merhar" <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:59:18 -0600

Yes, but those same people, if you DON'T put the warnings/cautions in, will
sue you when they do something stupid that you haven't specifically warned
them about.

Warnings/cautions are an easy target. Yes, some of them are ridiculous. But
the most ridiculous ones are generally CYA measures. "You can't sue me, I
TOLD you not to stick that candle in any body cavities". If there is a
stupid sounding warning on any product, you can bet that someone has tried
to do that very thing at some point and then sued the company. (mixing
ammonia and bleach, anyone?)

Unlike most, I read the warnings. One time, I found a flea on one of my
dogs, and used a very good flea spray on him--then realized the the spray
specifically said NOT to spray it directly on the dog (it was for
carpet/bedding treatment). I freaked out, called their hotline, was
reassured, gave him a bath and went on my merry way. Now I make sure and
check out the warnings with any product I am unfamiliar with.

Nora