offline courtesy among list members

Subject: offline courtesy among list members
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 06:32:48 -0700

Sorry to be a whiner, but I'm a little disappointed in the behavior of
some members of this list.

Fairly frequently, other TECHWR-L members contact me off-list, asking for
me to elaborate on something I've posted. In response to their requests, I
have e-mailed them documents, tutorials, summaries of responses I've
received to queries I've posted, sets of screen captures, etc., usually on
the same day they requested it.

And about half the time, I never hear from them again. Not even a "thanks,
but this really isn't what I needed."

Are any of you experiencing the same?

This list provides a tremendous resource to me, and I value it greatly.
But I think that sometimes people who post here are so caught up in
looking for immediate solutions for whatever fire they're currently trying
to put out, that they forget some common courtesies.

We're all busy. And yet, we take the time to put in our two cents.

Just typing "thanks" and hitting the Reply button would make a big
difference, at least to me. </END SAD VIOLIN MUSIC>

- Keith "tech writers have feelings too" Cronin

A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
(This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)

- Dave Barry

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr