wannabe tech writer

Subject: wannabe tech writer
From: "Dishaa Ganapathy" <ualb -at- rediffmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 26 Dec 2001 07:20:06 -0000

I want to enter the tech writer's profession and i am trying to do a lot of ground work before i get in and mailing you seemed to be the most natural thing to do.

I want to give you a brief introduction to myself. I
am living in india and was a content writer and throughly enjoyed the job. I was handling the
education channel for a portal called indiainfo.com. I
left the job and went to the US to pursue my higeher
studies in Anthropology, throughly regretted the
decision, as i loved my previous job and wanted to be
involved in the web medium and was also earning well.

Since i have returned back, i am considering the job
of a tech writer, mainly coz i have heard it pays well
and there is a demand for tech writers here in India
and also because i THINK i like technology. Also i
want to eventually head back to the US and live there
for a while. Can i know, if being a tech writer can
help me get there?

I will be eternally grateful to you, if you cud help
me in this regard!