MS HTML Help Workshop

Subject: MS HTML Help Workshop
From: Steve Lefevers <scl -at- pcisys -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:39:31 -0700

My Email Address is scl -at- pcisys -dot- net

I just downloaded Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop ver. 1.31 for Windows 98.

I've never used this or any other Help program before.

I know you can create On-Line Help documents with this program.

Can you also create Help Documents for a hardcopy book or manual with it?

Can I practice with this program on my pc and actually create a Help
Document with it?

Is this program similar in its procedures to RoboHelp? If I practice with MS
HTML Help Workshop - will it enable me to understand the basic procedures
that RoboHelp uses and thus learn RoboHelp quicker?

Along with the actual MS HTML Help Workshop program - Microsoft had the
following instruction files which I downloaded as well.

Help Viewer

Help Authoring Guide

Help ActiveX Control Reference

Help API Reference

Can you basically describe the purpose of these instruction files and how
they relate to using MS HTML Help Workshop.

In your opinion, is MS HTML Help Workshop a hassle to use? Is it buggy?
Do you encounter a lot of errors with it?
Or does it work fairly precisely and smoothly?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance.
Steve

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when
you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr