STC Membership

Subject: STC Membership
From: "bgoett" <rbg -at- silk -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:11:34 -0800

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to decide if the benefits of joining STC are worth the $200.00
CDN annual fees. There seems to be a wealth of information about technical
writing free for the asking on web sites like TECHWR-L. I haven't noticed a
huge number of job postings on the main STC site or the Canadian chapter
sites. If I lived in a major center like Vancouver or Calgary, I'm sure it
would be beneficial to attend meetings and network with other tech writers.

Any opinions?

Thanks
Bruce Goett
Kelowna, B.C.

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when
you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr