Re: STC Membership

Subject: Re: STC Membership
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:35:56 -0800

I sat in on an interview at a client's once. The interviewee did not have
STC listed on his resume - no other professional orgs either. The only
question I asked in the entire interview was "Why not?" He said he wasn't
much of a joiner.

He didn't get the job. The manager said that anyone who was a self-described
non-joiner would probably also not be much of a team player, either, and she
really needed that trait. Something to consider, anyway.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org