Re: Translating a RoboHelp WebHelp file

Subject: Re: Translating a RoboHelp WebHelp file
From: Martin Waxman <martin -at- waxman -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:06:09 -0500

Bridget Fitzgerald asked:
>Does anyone have experience with translating Robohelp from English into
>Spanish? I don't know what to send my translator who is v. un-technical and
>doesn't have RoboHelp. Any ideas?

Do you need a Spanish translation of a RoboHelp manual, or translation of the help files?

Spanish from which country?
Like the difference between, for example, American English and British English, common everyday terms differ from country to country. Technical terms related to computers can be almost unintelligible from one Spanish speaking country to another.

This is based on my consulting experiences living in England, Spain, Argentina, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and travels to other Spanish speaking countries in the Caribbean and Latin America.

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr