RE: Translating a RoboHelp WebHelp file

Subject: RE: Translating a RoboHelp WebHelp file
From: "Mike Starr" <writstar -at- wi -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 03:07:48 -0600

I'm currently doing a project for a translation company where I'm the
RoboHelp pilot (they don't have one on staff) for an HTML Help project. I
had the translation company export the project with the Generate>>Printed
Documentation menu item, then use the Tools>>Reports>>Table of Contents and
Tools>>Reports>>Index menu items and save the results as .RTF files. Then I
had them send those documents to their translators.

Once I receive the translated versions of those documents I can replace the
text in each topic with the translated text.

Had this been a WinHelp project, the whole thing could have been done by
sending the translators the oriiginal .RTF files. Feel free to give me a
holler if you want any help.

I suppose it's possible there could have been a more efficient way of doing
it but that was what I came up with.

Mike

---
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
Office: (262) 694-1028 - Pager: (414) 318-9509 - Fax: (262) 697-6334
Home (262) 694-0932 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com - http://www.writestarr.com