RE: Round #4263 with the Client From Hell

Subject: RE: Round #4263 with the Client From Hell
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:20:49 -0500

All,
My impression, from Elna's epic was that her way of
doing things was workable enough and flexible enough
to have served her -- and many customers -- for many
years. Then she hit a stretch of exceptionally rough
road, and the wheels fell off.

For me, cautionary tales have much more impact when
they have some meat to savor and chew. When they are
reduced to just a one-sentence platitude, they lose
the immediacy that encourages me to latch onto the
lesson.

>From my corner, the story was relevant and nobody
has any business being offended by the description
that was careful to exclude identifying traits.

If the CFH's major indentifying corporate trait is
that they routinely behave like rectal orifices --
thus actually rendering them easily identifiable
from the story -- then they STILL don't have cause
for complaint. They should congratulate themselves
on successful corporate branding...

... ahem...

That said, if/when the day comes that I do full-time
contracting, I intend to bend over backwards to avoid
accepting fixed-price work. On that, I certainly agree
with Andrew.

New Year Cheers,

Kevin McLauchlan

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when
you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr