Re: Canadian Jobs

Subject: Re: Canadian Jobs
From: "G. Runnings" <gwynethr -at- bigfoot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:01:20 -0800

Bruce Goett wrote:
Where the heck are all the Canadian jobs?

I think Bruce has a valid point which is not addressed by citing more than "2" jobs on websites that have more Canadian content than Dice. I'm sure Bruce has looked, he was probably just demonstrating the point.

Where are the jobs? Are they with consulting companies? Are they with short term contracts? If so, what industries? Are they in the government? If anyone has any insights on these topics, I really would like to hear them!

There is a new SIG with STC for Canadian issues - has anyone visited it? Is it worthwhile?

Just as a sidebar, Workopolis is not a good example for comparing number of jobs. Many of the positions are duplications of the same job listed by job shops!

g ..

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr