Re: Question about dressing for job interviews]

Subject: Re: Question about dressing for job interviews]
From: Hannah <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 14 Jan 2002 11:53:23 EST

I am constantly thinking that guys always have the upperhand when it comes to
"what to wear". For most jobs guys can wear the same khakis every day and no
one would even notice, yet on a woman they would. Formal or semi-formal
company events require (often) a new dress or outfit, or at least one not worn
to any other company event (for a woman). The men are just fine wearing the
same formal suit or tux each time.

Finally! A situation where it is actually easier for a woman!

To answer your questions though, I would only suggest not wearing a suit if
the usual dress is very casual. Otherwise stick with a suit. If you want to
stand out or show your personality, wear an interesting tie.

One observation, though. I see what you wear to an interview as a form of
communicating. What you choose reflects your preparation, your forethought,
and your attitude. All of these are communicated to the interviewer before a
word is said, whether the reception is conscious or sub-conscious. As with any
other communication, it does truly come down to knowing your audience.

hannah Bissell
to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr