Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 02:47:30 +0000

""Deborah S. Ray"" <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com> wrote in message news:3C42F44D -dot- 5377778F -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- -dot- -dot-

Greetings,

We've updated the TECHWR-L Poll with a new question:

In your current TW job, what percentage of your work is for internal (company private) use only?

* None
* 0 to 20 percent
* 21 to 40 percent
* 41 to 60 percent
* 61 to 80 percent
* 81 to 100 percent
* Other/none of the above

I'd have to say other.

Of the two contracts I have on the go, the percentage is very different.

For one, all the material is client internal use only. It's a pile of test scripts for a piece of proprietary software, and other than those of us developing them, nobody outside the client organization will ever see them.

For the other, well, it's a really tough guess. The more I find out about the department, the more I realize how much is made available for release to the public. I think I can safely say 20-40% of it will ultimately find its way into the hands of the public in some form or another. And the only prediction about what will is how general the data is. The percentage of offenders in the provincial prison system who are of abooriginal ancestry probably will become public at some point. The percentage of the offender population in the Edmonton Remand Centre in August 2001 who are aboriginal, female, drug users, and over the age of 40 probably won't.

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer and SAS Programmer

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr