Re: Training inclusion of TWs

Subject: Re: Training inclusion of TWs
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:25:02 -0500

Well, in my first job I had to beg to be scheduled for first-round training in the software for the manual I was writing. They didn't have to be reminded after I pointed out that the earlier I got trained in the software the faster I'd get the manual done.

In this job, I got annoyed because I was not asked to participate in a project that really NEEDS documentation (our time-reporting software). People just looked at me after the fact, and said, "Ohhhh...we have a technical writer now..."

Ask a few times; maybe you shall receive.

From: "Charles Incharge" <writerhero_02 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Not whining or anything. Just checking up with my homies...

We have .net training here in a couple weeks. Most of my department (Dev) is
attending, but the team of three writers are not. We will have to eventually
document the product when it is refigured. I would dig getting some .net
training.
What has been everyone's experience with training inclusion as a writer?

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr