Re: Reality Check

Subject: Re: Reality Check
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:47:13 -0800

After I wrote that email, I contacted the client and said what *is*
possible, given the constraints. They sighed, said, well if we don't ask, we
never know, have agreed to let me bid, based on what is possible, rather
than what they want.

Part of our business - Anthrobytes, I mean - is to help the client see what
can be done, given their time and budget constraints. We would never say we
can deliver the world on a shoestring. That leads to upsetting the client
when we can't deliver it.

It was not the rush aspect that concerned my crew - god knows we have LOTS
of those - it was that physically, it was not possible to do what they said
they wanted with the constraints they set out - not even if we held all
other current projects and everyone worked on it for 60 to 80 hours a week
for 4 weeks. But of course, I would come back to the client with, well,
here is what is possible.

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't overlook something - we are a
little tired around here lately and know we don't think best in that case.
The consensus has been, nope, we thought of everything.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org