RE: PVCS and Framemaker

Subject: RE: PVCS and Framemaker
From: Richard Pineger <r -dot- pineger -at- kudos-idd -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:39:20 +0100

I'm not an expert but believe that saving the files in MIF format means that
they are composed of text rather than the binary FM format. PVCS stores
incremental changes in text files. Therefore, your initial save is much
larger (MIF is bigger than FM) but after that the small changes can be
stored as the difference. The situation is probably far more complex than I
will ever know, I simply attended a seminar a few years ago and have no
direct experience myself.

Richard