RE: 24-hour clock

Subject: RE: 24-hour clock
From: "Slinger, Gary" <Gary -dot- Slinger -at- CPShips -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:13:24 -0000

One of the dangers of using the web for information - that (stripersurf.com)
isn't exactly an authoritative source for time information. I can't speak
for what your practices as a police officer were, but I can speak as to the
British military, the British military police, and to various aspects of the
US Armed Forces, as well as to a series of multi-national operations
utilising GMT as their basepoint - 24:00 doesn't exist in those
environments, 00:00 does.

Further, to put a purely tactile aspect to this - go grab a digital clock or
watch. Any one, commercially made and not offered as a gimmick, and watch
it clock-tick from 23:59. It'll go to 00:00.

Gary