Re: [CBT Tools]

Subject: Re: [CBT Tools]
From: Hannah <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 24 Jan 2002 12:58:55 EST

Misti,

For bells and whistles.....I'd go with Macromedia Authorware. I don't know too
much about the other programs, but I do know Authorware to be quite versatile
(video/sound/tests/data collection/etc.).

It does, however, have a steep learning curve. This can be helped if you know
other Macromedia products (Flash, Fireworks), committing the time to learning
it, and by having a team work together on a program (ex: have one person focus
on sound, another video, another artwork, and someone to oversee things and
assemble it all).

Also, I've found the Authorware community to be very open and helpful (check
out the user's group through the macromedia site).

hannah Bissell
to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net

"Misti Tucker" <mtucker -at- yazaki-na -dot- com> wrote:
> Is anyone out there creating CBTs on a regular basis? What tools have you
had the most success with?

> We've been using Trainersoft 7, and are looking around for an easier to use,
more reliable tool. Trainersoft's potential is amazing, but they're not
there yet, and the pressure is on here at my company to churn out CBTs quickly
and with all the bells and whistles. We need a tool that will enable us to do
that.

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1