Re: Applying On-Line

Subject: Re: Applying On-Line
From: "Carolyn Upton" <cupton -at- syclone -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:05:04 -0500

I am embarrassed. I am a nut about using styles and have been on that
soapbox for many years, but never looked at my resume. I have tweaked that
resume for years. This thread has caused me to look at my styles, and it
turns out that the underlying template is from Northern Telecom in the early
'90s and has hundreds of style names. A lot of lines have defaulted to
normal along the way. I may have even created it in Frame before converting
it to Word 4.0!

When I'm working, I wouldn't bother to create a new template for a 1-2 page
doc that I'm not going to use very often. But this is different, as you have
pointed out on the list. No longer are human resource people looking at
paper docs - this one is going out as a writing sample! My old buddy has
gotten me some good jobs, but must be retired.

Thanks, guys.