RE: Applying On-Line

Subject: RE: Applying On-Line
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:52:49 -0600

Jane Carnall pointed out that Word styles are
lost when your resume is converted to plain
text, which leads me to this test of intellect:

It starts when I place two resumes in front of
us, and you choose which writer to hire.

It's so easy!

If the resume in front of me is "unstyled",
the writer must be sloppy and lack tool
knowledge, so I can clearly not chose the
resume in front of me.

But you must have known that we convert our
resumes to plain text for input into a database,
so I can clearly not chose the resume in front
of you.

I'm just getting started.

Everyone knows that the word resume is French,
and people from France are stylish, so I can
clearly not chose the resume in front of me.

But you must have suspected that I would know
about France, so I can clearly not chose the
resume in front of you.

That's what you'd like me to think! You given
everything away!

<Mad laughter>

Dan

Have something to say, and say it as clearly as
you can. That is the only secret of style.
-- Matthew Arnold