RE: parenthood and tech writing

Subject: RE: parenthood and tech writing
From: "Rhonda Munster" <rhonda -at- helpsystems -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:06:49 +1300

Hi Lisa

>>I've been at home raising young'uns for 4 years now.
During that time, I completed a certificate program in Technical
Communication. Am I deluding myself thinking I can dabble in tech
writing on a part-time, odd-job basis (re: 10-15 hours/week from home)?
Can one even "dabble" successfully in this field or is it only for the
9to5 office crowd?<<

I work very successfully at home on contract basis with four children
(aged from 9 down to 2 so two of the children are at school, one goes to
pre-school 3 afternoons a week & the other one is at home). I try to
fit in 20-30 hours a week but it doesn't always work out that way. On
the occasions that I have a contract with a tight deadline, I use a
babysitter (in my own home) so that I can get more time in. At times I
have to work later at nights to get it done. This doesn't bother me
because I'm a night-owl but it doesn't make for a pretty sight in the
morning :-))

HTH
Rhonda

Rhonda Munster