Re: parenthood and tech writing

Subject: Re: parenthood and tech writing
From: "Kevin Christy" <kevinchristy -at- socal -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:47:28 -0800

Lisa:

I don't think you're beyond the pale here; I used to do work for a local
research lab that involved between 15-50 hours per month editing and writing
reports. I wouldn't say you'll find much of this kind of work advertised;
full-time positions and contracts seem to be the norm on the jobs boards.

My advice to you would be to join your local affiliate of STC, and see if
you can get a line into a place like that. Another option is to call around
to local companies and offer your services piecemeal.

In short, there's room for people like you. You just may have to look a
little more creatively.

Good luck, mommy!

Kevin