Re: recovered (I think)

Subject: Re: recovered (I think)
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:08:44 -0500

At 9:26 AM -0500 2/27/02, Lori Lathrop wrote:

All -- When FrameMaker crashed last night, it created duplicates of most
files, adding ".recovery" to the filename. Then, whenever I opened an
original file, FrameMaker prompted me to open the ".recovery" file by the
same name instead because it would have the latest changes. I did that.
Then I renamed all of the recovery files back to the original filenames.

That's one of the many reasons why FrameMaker is my application of choice for everything from 1-page memos to huge books. I much prefer accurately-named recovery files to piles of temp files with obscure numbered titles that each have to be opened before I can locate the file I need. It's not critically important on the Mac side of my office, because the crashes are few and far between. On the PC side of the office, however, Frame's named recovery files are a godsend. Of course, on the PC side of the office, I backup everything every hour <g>.

Kat Nagel,
considering upgrading her PC from Win98SE to WinXP. I just did the upgrade for one of my computer coaching clients, and he's deliriously happy. Hasn't had a crash or a lock-up for several weeks, now.