Re(2): I suppose this is my most frustrating grammar error

Subject: Re(2): I suppose this is my most frustrating grammar error
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:15:31 +0100

>It is not presented as How The World Should Write.

Well, the second edition says on both the front and the back cover "The
standard reference for technical writers, editors, journalists, and
everyone else who writes about computing."

This is awfully close to presenting it as How The World Should Write
About Computers. (And not just regarding style either: To amuse yourself,
check the article on "navigate".)

They write it, they sell it, they claim to be the standard. They clearly
claim the book to be a guideline for externals, not just for their own
writers, so they have to accept the responsibility if they write
substandard stuff, as they apparently do with "data".

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 81 79 93 07 12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de
Handelsregister: München HRB 99345