Re: ISO follies

Subject: Re: ISO follies
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:18:29 -0700

I think you're getting a little too upset about this. Be careful, lest you
have to take a month off for depression. With pay, of course.

: )

Seriously, I wouldn't sweat the font thing. When somebody else tells you
how a document MUST look, that's one less decision YOU need to worry
about. Solution: Don't use 12-point Arial when you write your
autobiography. But if she has the authority to make that decision for this
document, set the font size and move on.

The Visio issue seems to be the only real problem to me,as it affects the
accuracy of the doc.

Is there a technical resource you can bring in - say, a developer fairly
high on the food chain - who can substantiate your claim? Have them point
out that it's techically inaccurate, and that ISO docs must NEVER be
inninaccurate, of course! Maybe that will work, as she's obviously
ignoring you.

Good luck, and don't sweat the small (12 points or smaller) stuff!

- Keith Cronin

A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next
week.
-George S. Patton