Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go

Subject: Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:46:33 -0800 (PST)

Eric asked, "What to do about it? I haven't any idea."

When communicating electronically, it's easy to
respond to listservs or email very quickly. All too
often people get caught up the "heat of them moment"
when dealing with hot topics. The result are messages
that can be sarcastic, inconsiderate, or
mean-spirited.

To avoid this tendency, I almost always compose
messages in a text editor or Word (probably should use
FrameMaker!) BEFORE copying them into Yahoo or email
for transmission. This gives me the opportunity to
take a breath -- to carefully consider the tone of my
communiqué and the words I use.

Just an idea.

Steven Brown
Senior Technical Writer

?I like having fun.?
Heard from nearly every participant on the ?Blind
Date? reality television show. Brilliant!

http://mail.yahoo.com/