Re: True insignificance

Subject: Re: True insignificance
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:07:08 -0800 (PST)

Karen,

As Tom said, the absence or tardiness of meeting
attendees is not a factor of your position. It's a
reflection of poor time management skills among those
who regularly attend meetings. That said, John made an
excellent suggestion about taking a WIIFM approach to
encouraging attendence.

Nonetheless, I see this in my current and prior
companies and among meetings called by all levels of
employees and management. Although there are bona fide
priorities that prevent people from attending
meetings, I'd argue that it happens far too frequently
among too many people to be a legitimate excuse.

One tip: Like booking airline flights, schedule
meetings as early in the day as possible so that
you're less likely to be affected by prior meetings
that exceed their alloted time.

Steven Brown
Senior Technical Writer

http://mail.yahoo.com/