Re: Lists, lists, lists

Subject: Re: Lists, lists, lists
From: "Edwin Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:21:23 -0500

Your observation about length of posts on this list is accurate. My additions:

1. The number of posts is too great.

2. Subject lines are not accurate when replying. In bitserv the replies hardly ever marry the original, increasing the number of threads.

3. The administration of the list should be tighter, and less personal.

To help with length, I am refraining from quoting, except where it REALLY matters. The number of my posts that get bounced has been mildly annoying, so I can address that by just saying no to quotes.

Using topics would help with the # of posts. Would be nice if I could filter out all of the MS WORD topics, for instance. They don't belong here.

I added #3 with reluctance. This is a great list. The knowledge base is substantial as to technical details. I say that administration should be tighter, because I am beginning to block senders in this moderated list. I say that the administration should be less personal because the explanation of the rules is not needed. Suspend those who you think are in violation, let them know why, and add them back in at some future date.

Hope everyone remembers that stress is increasing in most aspects of our lives. If you think this group can be useful, better take care of it.

Ed

www.ehelp.com/techwr