RE: THANKS! Re: It's time to go

Subject: RE: THANKS! Re: It's time to go
From: Joyce Fetterman <JoyceF -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:20:10 -0500

> So, how about it? Other comments? Suggestions?
> Eric

First, I thank Eric and Deb for providing such a great resource. I often
find answers and great tips in the archives and on the Web site, and when I
post a question, I generally receive helpful responses. However, I *do*
check the archives before I post a question, and I don't use TechWhirl to
avoid doing my homework. I think that's a responsibility of all list
members.

Yes, I've noticed a change in the tone of the list over the past couple of
years. It's inevitable. In Twelve Step groups, there's a saying: "Take what
you like and leave the rest." That's what I do with TechWhirl posts, and it
works quite well. I scroll past posts from folks I find annoying, just as I
scroll past posts on Frame vs. PageMaker, because I don't need or choose to
spend my time reading them. *I* decide what I take from the list and what I
leave.

I offer the following suggestions, since Eric asked:

* I'd find it easier to read a couple of shorter digests rather than one
(sometimes huge) daily digest. Even though the messages are numbered, it's
hard to keep going back to find my place. It would also allow those of us on
digest to participate in a more timely manner.

* I'd appreciate message tags, similar to the tags used on the copyediting
list.

Joyce

www.ehelp.com/techwr