Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go

Subject: Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go
From: "Suzanne Townsend" <suzyt -at- hfx -dot- eastlink -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:35:31 -0400

> Thanks for taking the time to write the message below--
> it was quite well stated, and your point is very well
> taken.
>
> What to do about it? I haven't any idea.
> So, how about it? Other comments? Suggestions?

Here're a couple BIG HINTS about what to do about it! Take your head out of
the sand now my dear, way-too-kindhearted Eric!

HINT 1: Someone else wrote:
> I've long had a beef with one member whose messages are
> more putdowns of real tech writers than informative -
> and the problem that the tone of those messages invites
> discussions on this topic with Eric have been
> amazingly unproductive.

[We too! --ST]

HINT 2: And yet someone else wrote:
> You probably would not berate someone directly
> in front of their peers or
> superiors for something you consider inappropriate.
> If it is truly egregious Eric will handle it.

[If only!]

HINT 3: And yet someone else wrote:
> 6. Disagreements are good. Disparagements are
> bad. Be good

[which echoes a previous request I've made to you personally, to add to your
rules, "Just Be Nice!".]

This list of hints/echoes goes on, Eric. There is one person and one person
only who has brought thread after thread, and thus the list, to this low
point. Seems to me like it's time to fish or cut bait. Not an easy position
for you and you have my genuine sympathy.

Best,
--Suzanne

www.ehelp.com/techwr