RE: conditional text alternative for RoboHELP

Subject: RE: conditional text alternative for RoboHELP
From: "Lin Sims" <linda -dot- sims -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:04:22 -0500

According to my group's Help developer, the latest version of
RoboHelp has something called Build Tags, and you can tell it to
include or exclude items with certain Build Tags at compile time.
Sounds to me as if it works like conditional text does, but I am not a
help developer . . .

On 6 Mar 2002 at 13:54, David Knopf wrote:

> Gallagher, Susan wrote:
>
> | One of our writers is editing an HTML Help project in RoboHELP. It's
> | unknown | whether some of the changes that she's making will appear
> in the next | product release; as a result, she'd like to make these
> changes | conditional. | | RoboHELP does not support conditional text.
> If any of you have developed | an | innovative way to handle this
> problem, I'd love to hear it. I'm hesitant | to | suggest using
> revision tracking directly in Word.
>
> The currently released versions of AuthorIT, Doc-To-Help, and WebWorks
> Publisher all support conditional text. Quadralay has announced it
> will release WordHelp early in the second quarter, which will bring
> conditional text functionality to MS Word and allow you to produce
> WinHelp, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and WebWorks Help.
Lin Sims

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard. Be Evil.