Re: Documenting "touchy" applications

Subject: Re: Documenting "touchy" applications
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:53:52 -0500

John,

First, I gotta say, CHECK THE ARCHIVES.

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, this topic was addressed a few months ago, more or less. Someone (maybe you) related an anecdote the punchline of which was, "Oh, you mean I have to do the steps in order?"

I think what you need is a single prominently placed caution to your audience that tells them to follow the procedures exactly as written, in order, and from the screens indicated in the procedures. Otherwise results are unpredictable and may result in inconvenience to the user. Then just give them the correct procedures and point back to the caution note occasionally.

Dick

John Posada asks:

www.ehelp.com/techwr