Any air traffic control writers out there?

Subject: Any air traffic control writers out there?
From: "Groenewege, mevr. M." <m -dot- groenewege -at- lvnl -dot- nl>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:27:41 +0100

Dear list

I'm currently working on a long term assignment for Dutch air traffic
control. Although I am really interested in aerospace, I have little
experience in ATC documentation standards, traditions and techniques,
especially when it comes to document management, source control and the
introduction of new(er) technologies. I am part of an experienced and
helpful team, but I'm always looking for other approaches, ideas and points
of view. That's why I'd like to get in touch with air traffic control
writers.

Specific questions that I have:
-What kind of editors do you use?
-Do you use any form of document management, version control, single
sourcing?
-To what extent is your choice of tools and techniques regulated by
federal/governmental bodies like ICAO or FAA?
-How much room do you have for innovation?
-What is your place within the ATC organization that you work for? Do you
belong to a separate pubs group, are you part of a technical team, part of
communications?

Thanks a lot,

Maaike Groenewege

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr